Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Learning to Love My Laptop
Mac OS X
Web 2.0 - Web Tools for 21st Century Learning
Web 2.0 for Creativity
- word clouds. See ideas on
Voice Thread -
- add photos, audio, artwork to make a slide show. Share it with others so they can comment on your work.
- have fun editing photos on this site: pencil sketches, puzzles, and lots more!
- very simple way to make a SHORT video
- WOW, add photos, text, videos into a cube. This would be great for those who do biographies of famous people. Or maybe you'd like to showcase an artifact from a particular historical period.
- book publishing
- create and publish your own story online.
Make Use of
- collaborative video editing online
- interactive slide shows
Spell with Flickr
- Type in a word and each letter will become a photograph of that letter. Kind of like writing a ransom note!
Web 2.0 for Collaboration
- collaborative bibliography generator
Collaborative Graphic Organizers:
Getting Started with Skype
Skype in Education
Skype a student in to class
Google’s Docs & Spreadsheets
- set up categories and add websites for your students! Great organizational tool for organizing websites. Here's a
tutorial on Voice Thread
for creating a portaportal.
Web 2.0 for Higher Order Thinking
Intel's Visual Ranking Tool
- Rank things in order of importance, then comment on the top choices and the lower choices.
Intel's Seeing Reason
- Great cause & effect tool.
Intel's Showing Evidence
- State your case, attach evidence, then justify your reasoning. This tool is a great lead in to creating a thesis statement. See the next tool!
Thesis Builder & Online Outliner
- This is a generator for building a thesis statement. Students input their case, the give evidences for their case, give an opposing view, and a thesis statement is generated. The same information is added into an outline with instructions for what the student needs to add to complete the outline.
Web 2.0 for Creating a PLN (Professional Learning Network)
Twitter in Plain English
- check out the video on YouTube.
twitter according to Wikipedia
Newbie's Guide to Twitter
Why join Twitter?
Thoughts and Questions about Twitter
5 Ways to Find More Friends on Twitter
Zoho Virtual Office
ALTEC Web Tools
TrackStar: View thousands of online lessons or quickly create your own.
QuizStar: Construct online quizzes that can include multimedia.
NoteStar: Assist students with collecting group notes and citations for papers.
ThinkTank: Helps student set up topics for reports. Use alone or with NoteStar.
Kids’ Vid: Tools to implement video production in the classroom.
Storyboard Tool: Visiualize your movie ideas.
ProfilerPro: Evaluate knowledge, attitude, and skill based on simple surveys implemented via the World Wide Web.
AssignADay: Post your own online class calendar with hyperlinks and projects.
CasaNotes: Assemble take home notes in English and Spanish.
Project Based Checklists: Make custom checklists for multiple projects.
R*TEC Teacher: Locate top-rated Tracks, WebQuests, ThinkQuests for your subject.
Web Worksheet Wizard: Make and post a simple Web page within minutes.
Project Poster: Provide students with a tool to create and post Web pages for projects.
Classroom Architect: Design a floor plan for your classroom.
PersuadeStar: Provides tools for students to write persuasive essays.
Please type the
name of the web tool software
you investigated at our tech cadre workshop on April 2 and give it a short
. Include your
rating of five stars down to one
, with five being the top rating.
is your starting point for online lessons and activities. Simply collect Web sites, enter them into TrackStar, add annotations for your students, and you have an interactive, online lesson called a Track.You may also do a search by topic for tracks already posted on the web. Awesome tool for teachers. I give it
This is actually part of the Kids'Vid site. It supplies the basic tools for storyboarding a movie. It could be useful as a starting place for IMovie projects and can provide a starting place and some organization to such projects. I give it 4 stars. "Jason Kohls"
is a program that allows you to graphically set up your classroom with desks, chairs, tables and other furniture. The room can be setup up to 40 feet by 40 feet. Furniture can be setup in any form. The site makes the comment that different learning styles are benefited by different classroom setups. You can label and write instructions on the page. I see its main benefit for custodial staff and subs. You can print the pages off but cannot save them to your computer. I give it
2 stars. Keith Temaat
Kids’ Vid Storyboard
provides a tool for students to make a storyboard, script, and many decisions about the production of their movie. It would be a great planning tool for students getting ready to create an imovie project.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"